DSM Design is happy to announce that we are now providing SEO Poole packages for all our local customers. Due to the continued success of our web design and development team, we are happy to be in a position where we can extend our services but still keep all the qualities that make us who we are. Find out more about our SEO services in Poole, Dorset – our office is also located in the town too!
What is SEO and How Can Your Business Benefit?
SEO is an acronym for search engine optimisation; this is the process of optimising a website to appear within search engines. The world wide web has gone from strength to strength and this has led to millions of companies creating an online presence to get customers visiting their website through popular search engines. A 2012 survey, created by Yelp, found that 85% of consumers use the internet to find local businesses*. Also, 93% of web experiences begin with the search engine; this is a lot of people that you would miss out on if you’re not appearing there.
If you are ranking in the top three positions in Google, then you’re going to get 50% of the search engine clicks on average; this is a lot of people that could potentially lead to a sale which is why you need to rank for these positions.
As the years have gone by, the competition has increased, and we are now at a stage that it’s almost impossible to rank in the top three positions over your competitors without any SEO. This is where you’ll need an SEO Poole campaign to put you in those coveted three top spots in the search engine.
If you’re in one of these top positions, then this should bring in enough traffic to your website, that you won’t need to invest in any other kind of advertising. Therefore, local businesses in Poole should get an SEO Poole campaign in place to dominate the search engines over their competitors.
Let’s move onto the specifics and certain ranking factors which play a large role in increasing the online visibility of your website.
Onsite Search Engine Optimisation
Onsite refers to elements that appear both on the website you are trying to rank, in addition to individual pages that will be what actually rank on the SERP’s. There are various technical and non-technical factors that come into play here which all have an impact on the page you wish to rank.
Here is a brief version of the checklist we run through every site and page to make sure they are perfectly optimised for the target search phrase:
- Content is high quality, relevant to the search phrase you are targeting, and we like to ensure that pages which are targeting keywords are a minimum of 700 words long.
- Relevant images and alt tags are included in the copy of the page.
- Content which acts as a valuable resource to help entice people to link back to your site as inbound links play a large role in our SEO campaigns.
- Double and triple check for any misspellings or poor grammar; Google can and will penalise you if your page doesn’t make any sense.
- Optimise Meta Title to provide context for Google on what the page you wish to rank is all about.
- Optimise Meta Description to help drive up the CTR (Click Through Rate)
- Contextual internal links in a SILO structure to help the Googlebot understand your site and what it’s all about.
- Link out to authoritative external sources.
Our SEO Poole experts will do everything they can to put all these factors in place for you to rank. However, our onsite optimisation doesn’t just stop there. Not only do we want to increase your web traffic, but we ultimately want to increase your revenue, therefore, we do our best to reduce your bounce through rate. There’s no good in getting lots of clicks from people that don’t stay on your site. We make your site look great and work great for users, so they go all the way through to an enquiry for a potential sale.
Offsite Search Engine Optimisation
Offsite optimisation can be just as important as onsite, however, there are typically a lot fewer elements to it.
Here is a brief checklist that we will run through on your site to make sure you are perfectly optimised to rank for your target search phrases:
- Monitor and measure inbound link profile through various online resources.
- Create a plan of action to generate and drive high-quality inbound links to your website.
- Perform competitor link analysis to discover previously hidden opportunities.
- Clean up local citations to ensure consistency throughout all the major providers of company data (Factual, Scoot, Google Business etc.)
- Recover any broken inbound links which might have been lost to time.
This is arguably the largest checklist which we run through with every client, the reason for that is quite simply that it’s a can of worms; no site is ever technically perfect.
However, there are a few crucial SEO checks that we run through to make sure that your site is up to the current Google Webmaster Guidelines:
Run your site through Google pagespeed insights to make sure there are no site speed issues.
- Check to make sure Google has indexed your site correctly and that there are no pages which shouldn’t be appearing on Search Engine Results Pages.
- Run through Google’s Search Console to make sure there are no technical errors they have picked up which need to be fixed.
Our SEO Poole process
This is the most important stage of the whole process because it creates a foundation for all the work that we do. When you first make an enquiry with us into SEO Poole services, we will run a free SEO site audit for you. This will help us identify all the areas that your site needs to improve on to help its chances of ranking better within the search engines. It will pick up on factors such as:
- Site Speed
- Duplicate Content
- H tags
- Meta Titles and Descriptions
- Optimised Images
These are just a few factors that we investigate for free for you. As we provide transparent SEO, we will compile all the information for you on everything your website can improve on.
Once the initial site analysis has been completed we will then create a plan of action tailored to your site and what it needs to generate more revenue for your business. We will get to know you and your business before we put any plans in place. This gives us a good indication of what we need to do to achieve your results for you.
Our SEO Poole campaign relies heavily on targeting keywords that you need to rank for your business. For example, if you are a builder based in Poole, you might want to target keywords such as ‘builder Poole’, ‘builder Bournemouth’ and ‘house extensions Poole’; we will compile a list of key phrases that we want to target in the search engines for you.
This is where our magic begins. We will write content and secure links around the keywords and phrases that you want to rank for in addition to implementing the changes that need to take place on your site to allow it to be optimised for search engines. Patience is a virtue when it comes to SEO; you need to give it time to see results as it can take a few months for Google to rank your website and your pages. This is because Google doesn’t like ‘pop-up’ sites, it likes companies that are serious and in it for the long term which is why it can take a few months to rank your website. Because of this, we recommend that you use our SEO Poole services for a minimum of six months to see the best results.
Transparent SEO Results
When your SEO Poole campaign is underway, we’ll send you a report every month of your website’s progress within the search engines. This will show you the rankings of the key terms that we have targeted. It will show you the position you were in at the beginning of the month and at the end of the month. Additionally, our report will show you a graph which shows the increase in organic traffic that you have received from search engines. DSM Design doesn’t hide anything; we are completely transparent in proving you with the progress of your SEO campaign.
Get in Touch Online Now
Use our online form below to get in touch.